Re: technical question....

Of course you can remove the valves from a Suzuki Promaster.  Almost
everyone I know that has one has done so.  The other thing you could do
is buy a new unvalved reed plate from Kevin's Harps and replace your old
one with it.  The 3rd option is of course to learn how to play a valved
harmonica.  Less breath for one thing.  The valves don't click nearly as
loudly if you play with less breath.  I can actually play faster with the
valved Suzuki.  The other thing the valves do is give you bends you
normally couldn't acheive.  The blow bends in the lower notes 1 - 4 for
instance.  I tend to agree with your asessment of the Suzukis though.
They are annpoying to play.  I don't use nmine often.  I'd probably rip
the valves off of mine if I didn't have bunches of other ones to play.  FJM