Re: Old Mystery (Happy Harmonica albums)

A late addition to the good information provided by Jack, Richard, Danny and
Kim's book on this topic...

The arrangements for the "Show Stoppers" album  was
done by the late Dave Doucette.  I would guess he might have had
something to do with the arranging on "The Great Harmonica Hits", but I can
only be sure about "Show Stoppers".  Years ago Dave gave me a tape of
"Show Stoppers" to copy and told  me that he had done all the
arrangements.

(Sorry if this was discussed in previous messages I might have missed.  I
set myself to "NOMAIL" in an effort to avoid the temptation of harmonica
mail.  I've since come to my senses and set myself to "MAIL" again.)

BTW, Dave Doucette was a great person (as well as an excellent
player and arranger).  I was always amazed when he would
completely tune my badly out of tune (chromatic) 64 in a half hour
(without tuner or piano; he possessed perfect pitch) and charge me
just $5.  Another great player gone too soon.  Sigh...

 -- christopher