Old Mystery Solved

My thanks to Jack Ely and then to all the folks who followed him
for the history of the Happy Harmonica recordings. I learned a lot.
This is a great list. Harmonica players are great people.

Would I be a pest if I posed another sort-of history question?

A made-for-TV movie had a corny (I loved it) plot about an old man
and his dog and the blues harp player who helped him rescue his dog
from the pound and in so doing liberated all the other dogs from the
pound. I thought it was a wonderful show because (1) I love dogs,
(2) I love harmonicas, and (3) I love my wife, who was a high school
classmate of the actor who played the role of the blues harp player.
(David Soul - He was a skinny kid named Dave Solberg back when we
knew him.)

Anyhow - What was the name of the movie? Is it in video stores? And
who was the blues player who performed on the harp on the soundtrack?

Jack Getz