Re: 62 Princeton (was amp mics)

>Clark, Please describe your Princeton.  Old, new? still have the 10"
>brown, black, or tweed?  Reverb, vibrato?  I've been eyeing them for
>awhile and if I ever get rid of my extra Concert I'm leaning towards a
>princeton for small gigs and practice.  Any info appreciated.  FJM

This is a 62 Princeton - no reverb.  It has white knobs, black Tolex and
is the best sounding amp that I own.  I bought an amp stand that leans it
back on stage and hits me in the side of the head.  I also don't get
grief from the others in the band that I am playing too loud as the amp's
natural volume is great for a stage monitor level.  I understand that
the 62 Princeton was one of Big Walter's favorites and he used one for
a long time.  Also, if you're after a small amp, try a Champ.  They sound
really fat if you mic it and run it through the front end too!

Bernie Clarke
"Don't start me to talkin', I'll tell everything I know" - SBWII