Re: Filisko Marine Band

Just thought I'd pass along some information on a pretty amazing harp player who
lives in Connecticut.  I don't know whether there is a place to post such information
for people who want to play with others, or those searching for great players, so
I thought I'd just send note along to you as list-owner and perhaps you can forward
it to the appropriate place.  Walter has a family and keeps fairly quiet these days
with only occasional studio recordings for people who know about him.  I imagine
if contacted, he would be happy to slot in with folks for a bit.  He used to play
with Morris Pleasure, who is currently on tour with Earth Wind and Fire (either on base or
key boards), and formerly with Ray Charles.

Walter is now 34 and has _never_ been without a harmonica in his pocket
since he could walk.  He lives in Connecticut and teaches at a nearby
school.

His home telephone number is 203-453-8335, and his home
address is

45 Church Street
Guilford, CT 06437
U.S.A.

He is superb on the harp, has his own style, and can
play with others with ease.  Give him a ring if you are in the area.
Tell him I sent you.

If you have trouble contacting him, drop me a note (with harmonica as a
subject line), and I am sure I can get in touch.

Kind regards,

-Ned

                                * - * - *

Edward A. Wakeman                     |
Department of Experimental Psychology |   "Quid Verum Atque Decans"
Oxford University                     |
South Parks Road                      |
Oxford OX1 3UD                        |
tel: 011-44-865-730962                |