Re: Worst Gig Awards

Cathi,
	I am sure you were much more embarrassed than I am, but I was trying in
a probably vain way to apologize for my fellow academic brethren.  However, I
find their inability to readily improvize fairly typical of the genre.
	You have my permission to not only use this award on your resume, but
you can cite me as the originator and conveyor.  In fact, I'll even FAX you my
permission as I had to do last year when two of my Canadian colleagues cited me
(as Personal Communication) in a paper they had submitted to a Canadian
entomological journal (my field of research).  Can you imagine?  Never heard of
this before, but I'm sure it is all part of our modern paranoid society.
Regards,
Bill Grogan