Re: Re:Bassman Rectifers, what does it all mean?

On Tue, 1 Nov 1994 elliott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I sometimes use a 5Y3 in my '59 Bassman.  Cuts the volume more (lets
> you work the amp a little harder at lower volume) and has a good
> amount of that tube amp sag.  Of course, it is all a matter of taste.

How long does it last?  I've heard they sound good because of the extra
sag but you have to traet them like guitar strings and replace them on a
regular basis if you gig with the amp.  I've also heard that many 5AR4's
are mislabled 5Y3's.  Anyone out there ever use a 5V4?  FJM