"I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blu

TO: internet:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chris Pierce asks about written music for "I Guess That's WHy
They Call it the Blues." I've never seen any, and solos usually
aren't (to my knowledge, and I haven't been paying close
attention) usually included with song sheet music.

If it's any help, it's played in G on a C chromatic. If you've
finally sprung for a chromatic, you could toot along with the
record. I could diagram it using that list ascii tablature that
we never put to use, but I haven't time right now. If you play
around with the stuff in the "Blues Chromatic in G" article in HIP
No. 4, you'll have the basic vocabulary to play the solo, and
possibly get it by ear.