Re: Adjusting pitch on tape decks

--- Begin Message ---
>>On May 26, 10:17am, KPGraham@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> Question: Does anyone have any experience adjusting the
>> speed on car tape decks?  Honestly, I don't even see how
>> to pull the thing out.

>Yes.  I've done it myself on several car and home tape decks.  Usually
>there is a little hole on the back of the motor.  I've been able to get
>a screwdriver thru the hole and adjust the pitch while it is playing.
>In a car, it is a real trick to be able to get at the hole while the
>thing is still plugged in, but I can say it is possible on a Plymouth
>Voyager.  It is best to have a tuner and a tape w/a test tone recorded
>on a 'good' deck... but you could do it by ear.

>Good luck!
>Elliott New

Thanks, not my question but this is really neat to know. jne

Also - a suggestion; just in case you can't adjust your deck. If you have a
"Walkman" portable that is on pitch you should be able to play it through your
car deck by using one of those adapters (about $20.00) designed for playing a
portable CD through your tape deck, I don't see why it wouldn't work - and it's
cheaper than getting a new car deck. Also - If your car tape deck has an AUX
input jack (might be labled CD) you're really home free - you could plug in
a "Walkman" with a $4.00 patch cord (Mini 1/8" stereo cable, try Radio Shack).

                    Jack Ely      ely.j@xxxxxxxxxxxxx@pmdf

--- End Message ---