RE: Determining Key of recording

KPGraham@xxxxxxx writes:

>The tape play in my car (1992 Taurus) is one and 1/4 notes off
>which is a bitch. I do most of my practicing in the car during
>my commute. (My wife doesn't like me playing in the house.)

I have a portable radio/tape player that has a slow playback speed
also.  I wanted to take it back when I discovered it, but the
warrentee was expired (my original one worked fine until a friend
accidentally broke it, so I had it replaced...right before the
warrentee ran out).

>Question: Does anyone have any experience adjusting the
>speed on car tape decks?  Honestly, I don't even see how
>to pull the thing out.

I hadn't used this tape player in a couple of years, so I pulled it
out of the closet a few weeks ago, dusted it off and tried it out.

Yup, still slow.  Ok, let's take this puppy apart.

So, I proceeded to dismantle my Radio/Tape Player (of course I have
absolutely NO knowledge of Electronics, so I guess it was pretty
hopeless in the first place).

I looked around a bunch, and played with some things, but I never
could find anything which seemed to modify the playback speed.

Anyone out there have any electronics knowledge that could help us
out?

BTW, I actually DID manage to get the Player back together and
everything works just as well as it did (surprisingly).

=:)

Chris
pierccm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx