Determining Key of recordings

Just thought I'd get my oar in about the problem of playing along with
pre-recorded music.

One thing (other than crap replay by the sound system) which might mess you
up, and perhaps cause you to go out and buy every single key of harp, is
that the recording may have been done in concert pitch.

According to my sadly tiny knowledge of music-making, concert-pitch is one
semi-tone higher than normal, and is used to get a better "cleaner" sound,
especially for live performances.

Maybe the "professional" players on the list could let us know if this also
goes for the harp key.

Awaiting responses with controlled, diaphragmatic breath,

Goobs,

--
    Grant, dr. D.M.         /  _ / \ / \ |_) (