High end harp' (add.)

  Ooops, forgot to include this piece of information.  The shaker
microphone does have a volume control, but it's wired badly (I think).
The first 7 positions turn it on quietly but there isn't much change
between settings.  The 8th-11th positions makes the sound suddenly louder
and very bright, but with little change between positions.

  I think I remember someone talking about this happening because the
potentiometer is not wired as efficiently as it could be.

--Norbert