Re: Bending hole 5.??????

While this conversation may have been going on before I opened my yap I'd
just like to repeat that MY 5 hole was most likely damaged because I
abused it, really just sucking like crazy on it. The 5 hole can be bent
but just how much you get from it as far as music value is concerned is
another question. I believe a similar thing happens at 7 hole blow. There
is really no where to go at that hole. I've heard several teaching aid
tapes on the harp and none of them even talk about a 7 hole bend. One book
and tape I have mentions that the 5 hole can be bent but that it usually
doesn't sound that good and it would probably be better to NOT bend it.
That last sentence is both a statement and an opinion.

Jim