Re: Water Problems

  My first harp was a Blues Harp, which I recommend to anyone as their
first harp.  The reason people hate it so much (no longevity) is exactly
its virtue to a beginner (easy bending).  Anyway, mine also had a tendency
to swell up past the lip and also swell at an angle to the reed, which
made playing tricky.

  The Marine Band I have does the same thing, but not as quickly nor as
severly as the Blues Harp.  I'm not sure if that is a systematic thing, or
I just got lucky with my particular Marine Band.  People who use wooden
harps say they file the wood down as it swells up but I haven't resorted
to that yet.

--Norbert