Water Problems

Well... my sister gave to me a Hohner 'Blues Harp' just the other day. I quite
like the feel of the thing, but I have encountered one problem.

The comb is made of wood, and when I use the harp for any extended period of
time the moisture from my mouth causes the teeth of the comb to expand. They
expand a few millimeters beyond the cover plates, interfering with my lips
something terrible. If I let the harp dry out the wood srinks almost back
to normal (that's shrinks), but still....

Has anyone else out there had this problem? Is it my own sloppy style that
is causing the trouble, or is this normal. Is there a solution, or do I
simply have to put up with it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Peter,
Harpist Anonymist