Comparing Harps.

Hi all,
	I think it was Richard who mentioned the problem of overcoming
the "it's Honer, made in Germany, it must be good" snob thing.

I know what he means, on the other hand I have a Lee Oscar natural minor
(Am Key stamp) and I love it more than any of my Honers.

So much so that I have ordered an Eb Lee Oscar.
They seem a little *nicer* to play, with a slightly wider hole spacing.
Or maybe the holes are just a tiny bit bigger.

I personally think they have a better tone , although Brendan Power says
he finds them "a little bit too tiny, but a weel made harp".

He is *MUCH* more qualified than I to comment, so I suppose it is a
subjective thing at my humble level?

I would be (just out of interest, and to start a new thread maybe)
pleased to see what the others here think about them.
They (to me, again) seem nicer on the lips, and in the hand as well.

Having said all that, I like the sound of my *sexy* black Pro Harp in A.
This is possibly more due to the low key it is in,even though I don't
play the blues.

Among the Honers that I have, I consider the Special Twenty (mine is in
the key of D, a pre-requisite for folk music) to be the best for over
all superior tone.

Oh, and I agree with who ever said that they could not get used to the
feel and taste of a wooden comb 100% ! I'm sorry but I forgot who said it.

Feed back?
Gordon