Re: Paul deLay

:I've been reading the thread on Paul DeLay with some interest. "Entrapment"
:does not occur when an undercover agent offers to sell you drugs, even at
:a dirt-cheap price. "Entrapment" occurs when you are forced, for whatever
:reason, to make the buy.
: Paul bought TWO POUNDS of coke?!? He's lucky to be getting out of prison
:before he's an old man. Two pounds is a huge amount of coke - any law
:enforcement officer immediately will assume you're a dealer if you're
:getting a hold of that sort of volume of drugs.

That is EXACTLY why i was hesitate to post about Paul.
We ALL have our own opions, right? It's one of those, "you had to be there"
things. Besides, someone asked what I meant by my post and I elaborated. I
guess I should have made that a private post.

Flame me if you will, I support Paul deLay 100% and always will. He was set
up purely for political gain!!!!!!!  I did not condone his actions at the
time and I still do not condone them. Cocaine is an evil and POWERFUL drug
and should be wiped out, but the fact remains that by MY definition, he was
set up. His own weaknesses allowed it to happen. If someone knows you cannot
resist something and then offers it to you anyway........well where are the
morals in that?

No response is needed!

Thanks
Tim Moody

PS MississippiSaxophone supports Paul too!