Re: SBS's Anyone?

  I'd like to add to Barry's post that you can get very rare versions of
the SBS in G and A, which start at a lower octave.  These are what
Winslow was referring to as the low G and low A SBS harp.

On Wed, 8 Jun 1994, Barry Schaede wrote:

> the d c and f sbs all use a lower octave than the 10 hole diatonics for
> the first 3 holes then start just like a normal harmonica on hole 4.
> the g and a both start like the 10 hole diatonic versions on holes 1
> through 3 and go to a higher octave starting on the fourth hole.  fjm

  I don't know anything about Brendan Power's Power Harp.  The harp I was
referring to is Hohner's model number 365.  This is the same body that
the SBS uses but with different tuning.  Holes 1-10 are the same as a
Marine Band tuning.  However, holes 11-14 continue with a normal scale of
notes, rather than a Richter type tuning.

  So for a C harp:

hole  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14
blow  C  E  G  C  E  G  C  E  G  C   E   G   C   E
draw  D  G  B  D  F  A  B  D  F  A   B   D   F   A

  SBS C harp:

hole  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14
blow  C  E  G  C  E  G  C  E  G  C   E   G   C   E
draw  D  G  B  D  G  B  D  F  A  B   D   F   A   B

--Norbert