Re: Quality Control (thread extended)

Winslow, you are just chock full of information! :)

I'll keep the bandwidth down on this post. A lot of the 'consumers' on this list will pay more for more to be done by the manufacturer (ready to go for most players), and will *still* set-up and optimize it at home.

Alarm bells still going off inside my head over 'Hohner functionairies tried to boot the tour group' , 'old machinery is breaking down, and Hohner is loath to replace it ... old parts no longer available, etc' and 'stories of outrageous pigheadedness and solipsism'.  Wow - what's up with that last part?

>ALL the diatonic production marketed in Europe is now modular,
>and the players are bitching about it ...  Count your luck stars and stripes and mapleleaves, folks.

Micro-marketing around some tough strategic operational decisions.  Wonder what they sell in Japan?

Our Baldridge Award is also 'suspect' by some accounts for different reasons, but the CX12 is still a good design, not just for quality.

Thanks for the suggestion to 'plow the archives'.  I've obviously been remiss -- Highly recommended to everyone on the list. Searched the word 'quality' front-to-back and ended up with some very, very interesting reading.  You done good, Mr. Pierce!

Harvey A. Andruss, III                  email: haandruss@xxxxxxx
                                          BUS: (612) 736-4625
                                          FAX: (612) 736-3839