Re:Honer Tuning

My understanding of Hohner tuning is that the 1 and 4 blow notes should
be tuned equal to 440.  Hohner doesn't tune equal all the way across they
tune just.  (except for the meisterklasse, golden melody, and orchester
1, which are tuned equal)  All the major 3rds are tuned lower than the
1sts 5ths and 7ths.  The reason they do this is to eliminate interference
beats and make the chord sound full.  There was previous discussion on
tunings of harmonicas on the list.  Why not run an indexed search and see
if any of that info helps.  Hohner may well be tuning to a new standard I
don't know, but what follows is a chart of what their tuning (just) used
to look like.

     1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
BLOW C  E  G  C  E  G  C  E  G  C
HZ   0 -3 +1  0 -3 +1  0 -3 +1  0
DRAW D  G  B  D  F  A  B  D  F  A
HZ  +1 +1 -2 +2 -2  0 -2 +1 -2  0

0 is 440 the+ or - values are the # of hz deviation from 440.  Im curious
if Hohner did change their tunings and what hey came up with if they
did.  Much of the reason I used to prefer Lee Oskar harmonicas was due to
the tuning.  His are semi-tempered with most of the notes being tuned to
a 442.  I hope this helps.  Harmonigopher is King.  Yea for Chris!!! fjm