Re: Newbie seeking advice

As a general rule of thumb, unless you are GOOD, you might try someone elses
stuff first. Howard is an AMAZING harp player, and has overblow and overdraw
techniques that few people can achive. As such it is very difficult to
figure out how is is doing what he is doing. As a beginner, my advice would
be to listen to Howard and work on it, but don't kill yourself if you cannot
figure out how to make a given sound he gets. Here is a player that we all
want to play like.

IMHO, of course.

Tim Moody
MississippiSaxophone