Re: Harmonica & Reading Music

Steve wrote:
>...but as George pointed out he
>simply could not have done those gigs if he had not been able to read
>(and transpose at sight by the sound of it).

Dear Steve:
I could have played the gigs by ear too.  However, I would not have been
playing what the composer had intended.  I would like to quote a question
which was posed to Jerry Murad in Trossingen Germany several years back.....

Question posed by the bass harmonica player of the Con Brio Trio:
 	"Can bass lines be changed in your arrangements?"
Answer by Jerry Murad:
	"Absolutely not!  Who are you to insult the arranger?"

(Pete Pedersen was probably the arranger)

Keep On Harpin'
George

--
      George Miklas, Bass Harmonicist, Jerry Murad's Harmonicats
                     E-Mail:  ah567@xxxxxxxxxxx