Marine Band 364 Bends

I have the 12 hole Marine Band 364 (I believe) which is tuned an octave
lower than the regular 1896. I was wondering if other people were having
trouble bending the 2 draw and 3 draw. I can bend the 3 draw pretty well
except for requiring some more air than on normal harps, however, the 2
draw I can only get down a semi-tone. I was given this harp used by a
friend and it was really old. I had to retune some of the reeds that had
gone flat. That may have something to do with it. I was just wondering if
most harps like the SBS 365's that have the extra low octave on the end
are also as difficult to bend as my old 364...

Might also add that I saw Junior Wells and had the pleasure of speaking
with him briefly on Monday night at a show he did in a small club here in
Burlington Vermont. He seemed to hardly pick up his harp the whole night
though. AT first the show started out great with some nice subtle harp
playing. Then after the first set was done he took a 45 minute break. Got
back on stage and started to play his harp which he had in his hands
upside down. He was expecting a 2 draw but instead got a 9 draw. He took
it in style though but seemed to stay away from his harp for a while
after that. Then when he finally went back to it his band was trying to
help him find the right key harp but ended up messing up the order of all
his harps so he couldn't find the right harp and ended up playing Messin
with the Kid without any harp leaving out that great harp solo he does on
it. Near the end of the show they got his harps straight again and he
wrapped up the show very well. All in all it was a good show, however, I
was dissapointed by the small amount of harp playing I heard that night.
I think Junior is also loosing some of his sight because his harps all
have big stickers on them telling him which key they're in and he seemed
to have trouble even reading those. His performance and singing though
were outstanding!
								-Todd

				Todd C. Huss
			     thuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx