Re: Boss Metalizer and other effects

Michael:
	If you're thinking about the bit of kit I think you're thinking
about, then yes it's still available, either direct from Mike Clement
at MC Electrics, 20 Cotton Lane, Manchester, M20 9UX, UK. Tel:061-434
9524 (you probably need to drop the first 0 and substitute an
international code). In the UK it's 67.50 sterling, Kevin's Harps are
doing it in the States for around $120.
	I don't use it much live, I prefer a radio mike - I can't stand
having to worry about all that cable round my feet, but I've got great
results in the studio with it. Basically, you get treble and bass
controls, a volume control, and a distortion control that goes all the
way from a nice mild, warm sort of noise all the way up to
D-I-S-T-O-R-T-E-D.  You can switch between the pre-amped sound and the
clean sound using a toggle switch mounted between the treble and bass
controls - there's an LED that shows green for clean and red for
pre-amped. Best advice is to talk to Kevin, if no one else
responds, 'cos it's always a case of one man's meat being another's
poison with stuff like this.

Steve Jennings
Editor, Harmonica World