Peg Leg Sam and Harp-L Subscription Information.

"Steven D. Levine" <drsoul@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>I've only heard one Peg Leg Sam track "Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho"
>from The Great Tomato Blues Package ( a great blues compilation, btw). He's
>something else. Apparenty he's one of Phil Wiggins' big influences.

I haven't heard anything by Peg Leg Sam yet, but I had just read the section
on him last night in Kim Field's book (which is definitely worth
getting if you haven't yet).

>Can someone post the directions on how to subscribe to this list? I want
>to others about it, but I lost the listserver address. PLease poet it here
>or mail it to levine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok.  Here it is so everyone knows.  The harp list (and all other
mailing lists at Western Kentucky University) are managed through our
MXserver utility.  Our main Internet/BITNET mail software is MX (which
our Sys-Admin is in charge of for the World; when a new version of MX
comes out, it is from him), MXserver is one of the goodies that comes
with it.

MXserver is an 'imitation' Listserv, it does some of the same
commands, but it does NOT do them all.

Any commands such as, SUBSCRIBE, SET MAIL, SET NOMAIL, SET CONCEAL,
REVIEW, etc. should be sent to MXserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx in the form:

	COMMAND LISTNAME QUALIFIER

such as to SET yourself to NOMAIL:

	SET HARP-L NOMAIL

To subscribe to the Harp-L list, send a mail message to
MXserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx that contains a line like this:

	SUBSCRIBE HARP-L "Your Real Name"

BTW, I have seen people subscribe and actually put "Your Real Name",
please substitute YOUR name for "Your Real Name" (sad but true).

Also, many people have been having problems using SIGNOFF and SET
NOMAIL.  Mainly this is due to the fact that the CASE of users's
e-mail addresses get changed sometimes (I don't know why), and
MXserver will NOT allow ANY differentiation in CASE from that which
you originally subscribed.

If you are planning on having your username changed or if your account
is going to be removed, please SIGNOFF HARP-L before the change takes
place.  If you don't remember how to SIGNOFF, please send an e-mail
message to Harp-Mgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx explaining what your situation is
and I will take care of it for you.

Archives of the Harp-L forum can be obtained by sending a mail message
to Archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx that contains a line like this:

	SEND HARP-L.YYYY-MM

Where YYYY is the year (ie 1993) and MM is the month (ie 01).  The
archives start at HARP-L.1992-10.

Finally, any messages that pertain to the actual discussion of the
Harmonica or related topics should be sent to Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Again, any questions or problems about the List or the management of
the List should be sent to Harp-Mgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(or pierccm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

Western Kentucky University will be dropping their BITNET services sometime
this coming year, so please start getting used to using the Internet
addresses (WKUVX1.WKU.EDU not WKUVX1.BITNET).

I appreciate everything that the Members of the List have done to make
it as great as it is.  I consider each and every one of you a
personal friend (even those who never post to the list or write to me
personally).  I am Grateful that I can be a part of this with all of
you wonderful people.

Thank you and Keep on Harpin',

Chris
Chris Pierce -                    || Harp List:  Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx