Why "harp"?...

IMHO is "harp" simply easier to say than "harmonica" (1 syllable vs 4), and
the old Darwinian concept has been at work on our language.

It would be nice to know the foreign (ie: non-english) words for a harp,
not including the slang versions, which we've already talked about.

Anyone? Iemand? Personne? (swiftly exhausted my languages there, eh!).

Goobs.

--
    Grant, dr. D.M.
    Philips Research Laboratories