270 Tunings

My understanding of how the 270 chromatics work is that the key signature
of the harmonica means the slide in posistion will be the next half step
up.  For example if the harmonica was marked A the slide in would be A#
or Bb.  Is this correct?  I've always wondered why Farrel offered an Eb
270.  There must be a good reason or they wouldn't be avaialable.  Are
there players who want to play in Eb without the slide?  What other keys
does this configuration facillitate playing in?  Is the tuning Eb E?  My
last weeks post on Farrel was in no way meant to discourage anyone from
buying from them.  As I've said privately to others on the list good
prices excellent value.  A combination that's hard to beat.  I'm eyeing
the 270's and resigning myself to spending some $$ with Farrel again
soon.  FJM