Hot Metal and Delta Blues Harps

	Two or three years ago I purchased 2 Hot Metal 10 hole diatonic harps
manufactured by Koch in West Germany.  The E-flat is a great playing and
sounding harp but the A was dead (unbendable, sticky reeds, etc.).  Does anyone
know if Koch is still making and importing this model to the good ol' US of A,
and if so what current prices are, etc.?  The local music shop (mostly guitar
stuff) here in Salisbury, MD doesn't carry these anymore.  Therefore, I was
wondering what the general consensus was on this particular model by Koch,
since I have only played 2 harps of this model.  I gave away the A to a friend
who was just beginning to play, after I attempted to bend and/or sustain notes
without much success.  On the other hand, the E-flat I still play often and all
of the reeds have worked well to date (i. e., loud, very bendable, sustainable,
etc.).  I guess my question is really is this a common complaint with over the
counter A's of other brands also, and if so, I guess it is past time for me to
fork over the bucks for a Filisko special 20!?
	On a similar note, my colleague, Mark Holland, saw some Delta Blues
harps made in China at the same shop recently.  The were cheap (ca. $) with a
plastic body, and apparently Hohner clones.  Anyone know anything about these
as well before Mark spends his hard earned cash for a potential ripoff?  I
know, I know, you get what you pay for, but I thought in his case as a neophyte
player they might be OK to learn on.  So....what's the poop?  Thanks.
Bill Grogan
wlgrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx