MISC

The James Harman mystery unraveled.  He plays through a early 60's single
15" speaker brown Fender Pro.

Brendan Powers CD's are available in the U.S. from Kevin's Harps.  $15
for the CD's $10 for cassettes.  He has State of the Harp, Harmonica
nights, Brendan Power, and an Irish thing that's now out of stock because
I just bought the last one.

Don't buy the new Johnny Mars CD reviewed in the current issue of AHN.
It's bad at best.  Mr. Mars' playing is up and down and the other
musicians playing is awkward.  This Cd never comes together
stylistically.  There's programmed synsthesizer a definite no no for me.

Boy you Paul deLay fans were right.  His stuff is outstanding.  I just
got Paulzilla and The Other and I can't stop playing them. Best chromatic
I've heard in a long while.  Tim Moody said don't expect to cop any licks
from this guy he's too good.  The thing is he's not a lick player.  Very
lyrical.  More of a feel player and you all know what people say about
trying to cop a ..... you get the idea.  Also available from Kevin's.
The live Roadhouse that Tim Moody mentioned before is also available from
Kevin just make sure you specify Paul deLay so you don't get the
Switchmasters by mistake.

The square hole version of the Filisko harp is available for the bargain
price of $80.  Considerably less than the square hole version.  I bit and
ponied up the bucks.  I'll see what all the fuss is about in a few
weeks.  FJM