Re: Well, I got a CX12. Very nice!

On Thu, 4 Aug 1994, Bo Parker wrote:
> One small complaint, though: It comes in this _huge_ case (like 10" x 3" x
> 1.5"), which is kinda clunky to carry around, and won't fit in my guitar case's
> pick-box.
	Now I haven't seen the CX-12, but I figure if this worked for my
Super 64, it should work for you.  Just go to your local foam shop, and
get a nice piece of foam, foam-rubber, or both, and some foam glue or
acrylic paint, even fiberglass resin.  Now before you say, "What? My
local foam-shop?"  I'll explain what I mean.. by my house (Seattle,
Capitol Hill), there is a shop that sells foam, foam matresses, foam
everything, as well as plain sheets and chunks.  It's _very_ cheap to buy
scraps from larger orders, and with an electric kitchen knife (careful!)
or a sharp blade, it's very easy to cut and shape.  You can use the
harder stuff for the inside, and the softer stuff outside, or vice-versa,
I can think of reasons for both ways...  A slit is basically all it takes
to make a nice little "holder" for it.  It won't protect against getting
stepped on or thrown, but it's small, easy to use for multiple harps, and
kinda fun to make..
happy foaming..