Re: Amp Sourcebook/Blues-l

>Silly me if I'd read my next message before that long post I could have
>saved a bunch of typing.  Sorry for the duplicate Amp book info.  FJM

Thanks for the reviews, Mr. FJM (you da man!) esp. about the  one by
Weber/Kendrick. I think there's also some books recently put out by
Marshall and VOX, but I think they're historical and not technical, which
still might be helpful for vintage purchase decisions.  Might an AC-30
would be a good harp amp?  Presume any Marshall would be too loud and
feedback most of the time.

BTW, it never ceases to amaze me how many experts  we have regularly
checking into this list (I ain't one), and since the traffic is relatively
low, if the subject matter doesn't particularly suit your fancy at the
moment, you can scan and flush and still get it back on the Harmonigopher
at a later time. WOW!  This is great! So thanks again.

Blues-L - You're supposed to be able to go directly to

LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and write

SUBSCRIBE

but beware, because the list is loaded and the default is single messages,
as they come.  I had a lot of trouble getting the listserv to acknowledge
me once I was on (eg. help, info, etc -- delays of several days) and
finally I had to go to Pimmel directly (see below) to EVEN get a digest.

It's a great list -- another bunch of experts (or raving lunatics,
depending on your tolerance for blues eccentrics...;)

FYI -- blues-l is also available via USENET:

>Date:    Wed, 3 Aug 1994 21:26:13 -0500
>From:    David Pimmel <pimmel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: ADMIN: Request Line, Archives
>
>        Two quick points for everyone:
>

>1. Adminstrative request, like unsub me or why aren't I recieving
>        blues-l should NOT (I repeat NOT) be sent to the entire list.
>        There is a separate mailing address
>        blues-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx that is set up for this
>        purpose.  The mail there comes to me.  And when listowner
>        changes it will go to the new listowner, that way we
>        continuity.  Please learn to use this address.
>

>2. If anybody can think of any reasons why the list archives should
>        not be made public, and thus accesible to the entire internet
>        community as opposed to just blues-l members please let me
>        know via private e-mail at pimmel@xxxxxxxxxxxx

>accurate count of usage and avoid lots of headaches later on when the
>list might go private posting.  Second, many sites still have not
>correctly set moderator list, therefore to submit to the list you must
>send your post via e-mail to blues-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and another independent USENET group REC.BLUENOTE.BLUES starting up, and
some other resources (general info, venues, historical sites, radio, etc)
called BLUES--L SHED that can be had via ftp

ftp.acenet.auburn.edu/pub/misc/entertainment/blues;

via E-mail (use in body text:  send blues catalog): almanac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

or via WWW    http://dragon.acadiau.ca:1667/~rob/blues/blues/shed/shed.html

Regards,                  haandruss@xxxxxxx
Harv                      *Opinions my own*