Re: What Chords on my harp ???

>Hi,
>Could anyone help me with what chords I can play on my harmonica ? Since I don't
>know any chord theory it's hard to figure it out myself. I know it's best to
>listen and not be so bound to what chords I play but I think it would be easier to start this way. My harmonica is tuned in D.
>
>This could be a start, please help me with the rest !
>
>								/ Peter
>

>blow     |    D   |
>

>          1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
>

>draw     |    A   |

Peter:

If your harmonica is a Key of D, then your blow notes are:

	D F# A D F# A D F# A D

	from all of these notes, you can only play a D Major
	chord.  On the other hand, your draw notes are:

	E A C# E G B C# E G B
	* * * 			A triad, 2nd inversion
	* * *  *		A chord, 2nd inversion, doubled 5th
	  * *  *		A triad
	  * *  * *		A dominant 7th chord
	  * *  * * *		A 9th chord
	    *  * * *		C# half diminished 7th chord
	       * * *     	E minor triad

I hope that this helps.

--
George Miklas

"Tap.....Tap.....Tap.....Is this thing on?"