New Hering diatonic

--- Begin Message ---
    Something I learned at BHF '94:

    I have it on good authority that Hering Co. (Brazil) will introduce a new
    diatonic. My source had a prototype and says it's "killer". I don't think
    that's an exact quote, but it's supposed to blow - no pun intended - away
    the competition. It has round holes. Improved reeds - made of a beryllium
    copper alloy - with extraordinary response. He held the prototype about 4
    inches from his mouth and the reeds responded when he blew. Price will be around $18.00
    I'm told. This is supposed to be a quality instrument at a reasonable
    price, but we'll have to wait and see what the actual harp is like when it
    hits the market. Anyone else have information on this?
    								Jack

--- End Message ---