Re: Modified C Chromatic

>For much of the jazz-oriented music I play, the optimum harmonica
>would be a 12-hole chromatic, tuned in C, with the hole 1 blow note
>being G below middle C.
>
>Do Hohner, or any other makers, offer such a harp?  Or will I have
>to go to a harmonica technician to have one made?
>
>George Mayhew

Dear George:

To my knowledge, Hohner does not offer such a rascal as you describe.
However, anything can be built by various technicians such as Dick
Gardner, or Richard Farrell.  Remember, anything that is "special built"
will probably not be cost effective.

Hohner does offer a "Tenor C" 270 (Super Chromonica 12 hole).  This
model features three octaves where hole 1 blow is the C BELOW middle C.
Perhaps this will fit your need?

George :)

--
      George Miklas, Bass Harmonicist, Jerry Murad's Harmonicats
                     E-Mail:  ah567@xxxxxxxxxxx