Re: Harp Lube?

At 13:37 9/30/93 -0500, allbrit_t%aplvax.span@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Need your expertise! When I am playing a long, fast piece-too fast to
>pause to re-lick the harp-and drawing a lot of air over the covers,
>my lips dry out and begin to stick to the harp. A little oil on the
>lips helps, but I fear it will get into the reeds. Saliva collected
>under the lower lip helps, but it is distracting and hard to regulate.
>Any suggestions will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks, Ted

Sounds to me like the harp isn't deep enough in your mouth. I've never had
this problem. It helps to lean your head forward a bit to let some spit
roll forward, but otherwise, I usually have the opposite problem.

Ken Ficara                                            ficara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       AOL: KenFicara / Compu$erve: 71311,1461 / Prodigy: (NOT!)