modular Marine Bands

Reply to mjcarly -

  >I don't know what people are talking about re the new Hohners. I
  >have switched wholeheartedly to the modular Marine Band (marked
  >No. 1896 incidentally). I've found that they are louder, crisper
  >and consistent across the whole range. The low end notes are just
  >as nice as the higher range and have a nice snap when they come
  >in- no mushiness.

If it's marked 1896, it ain't a modular harp. If it *really* is,
I'd be very surprised. You don't say where you're writing from,
but the modular Marine Band is NOT marketed in the U.S., and I've
seen the European ones in Germany, and they're marked 1897.

Winslow Yerxa
Harmonica Information Press
76450.3230@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx