Re: Phil Wiggins Trills

At 15:40 10/8/93 -0500, allbrit_t%aplvax.span@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>I doubt it can be explained, but does anyone know how Phil Wiggins
>plays what sounds like 32nd notes (trills?) on the Cephas and Wiggins,
>Bluesmen album? I've blown and blown 'til I'm blue in the face and
>still ain't got a clue.
>
>Thanks for any response, Ted

What song are you talking about specifically? I've taken some lessons with
Phil, and a lot of his really high-speed stuff is what he calls "cheap
tricks," which are much easier than they sound and basically just involve a
LOT of practice. These are usually the fast back-and-forth stuff on 3 draw
and 4 draw, stuff like that, and he does them blindingly fast.

Of course, it has something to do with him being one of the best players
alive today, too, I would imagine. :-)

Ken Ficara                                            ficara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       AOL: KenFicara / Compu$erve: 71311,1461 / Prodigy: (NOT!)