RE: Minor tunings, country tunings?

>In a recent catalog from Kevin's Harps, I was reading about Lee Oskar's
>minor tuned harps:  two different tunings, as I recall (though I lost the
>catalog in a recent move).  Anybody use these?  Anybody find them essential,
>or a waste of time?  I ask because I'm playing in a country band right now,
>and I'm wondering if it would be worth my time to try learning a new layout.

Just play in standard position instead of cross-position and you'll be fine for
most country.  Stick to cross-position only when you want more of a blues sound.

>By the way, has anyone else noticed a resurgence of the harmonica in popular
>country recently?

Well, a bit.  Not exactly a landslide yet  8^)  8^)

						Brian Rost
						rost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
						508-568-6115
						DEC, Hudson, MA

  "The double bass is also called the bass viol, string bass, and bass
  fiddle.  It has so many names because it is so huge."