Famous harp players' set up - req

 > From uunet!MAEMASS.MAE.CORNELL.EDU!shankar

 > I was interested in getting details on what sort of
 > harps/mics/amps
 > are/were used by people like Sonny Boy, Junior Wells,
 > Little Walter etc. I got a little bit from Kevin's catalog
 > but I am sure there are people on this list who know much
 > more.

Sonny Boy II used Hohner Marine Bands (mostly) and played acoustically - he
generally did not cup mics in his hands. Junior Wells has used a number of
setups, using both crystal and vocal mics, and using Marine Bands and Lee Oskars
(which he endorses these days). Little Walter largely again used Marine Bands
and lots of different set-ups, according to folks who saw him. Moral: These guys
rely or relied less on equipment and more on talent to produce the Tone O' The
Gods.