Re: #1 overblow + mailing-list vs. newsgroup

Thanks for the information!
I recently succeeded in making an overblow on the #6 hole without using my
fingers! It appears that overblowing involves putting your tongue more up and
forward in your mouth, whereas bending involves putting your tongue lower and
more backward. Unfortunately other holes have refused to be overblown yet.
However, I find it very stimulating to discover a new and rather difficult
technique, that allows me to expand the range of notes I can play on my har-
monica.
But by adjusting the action of the reeds, you mean adjusting the action of the
_blow_ reeds? I have been adjusting the #3 draw reed as an experiment, but that
didn't seem to work... Are there any other people busy learning to make overblow
at the moment? (Maybe my overblow questions are not so relevant for other people
on the list?)

Speaking about the list: I find the mailing list much more convenient than the
newsgroups! Maybe that's because the harp-list I'm subscribed to and because I'm
using a SUN-openwindows mailtool, but finding messages in my mailbox is much
more pleasant than having to read a newsgroup, which I tend to forget all the
time. Besides I think something can be said for the availability and "exclu-
sivity" of a mailing list. Offcourse a marriage between a mailing list and a
newsgroup would be ideal!
Bart de Boer.