Howard Levy in Boulder last night

I guess I just lucked out this weekend.  After posting to the net for info
on tour schedules, I called the Boulder Theatre's concert line.  Howard
Levy was to be there Sunday night with Leon Russel, Blues singer Hazel
Miller and a band called the E-tunes for a live taping of the National
Public Radio show "E-Town".  The show will be aired the weekend of February
19 or 20th, (Please check with your local NPR radio station so you don't
miss it!)

So, I got my ticket and it was fantastic!  Howard is playing with a pianist
named John Webber and together, they play wonderful versions of Howard's
music.  He played two short sets of about 20 minutes each, and then
"jammed" with the band and other guests.

After the show, I was able to get him to autograph my "Golden Melody" harp
and we talked about what he was going to be doing in the future.  If you
haven't heard yet, Howard has left the Flecktones to pursue more personal
interests including time with his family and kids, playing more of his own
compositions and perhaps touring in Europe and playing more "Balkan" music.

He said the breakup was very civil and that he and Bela Fleck are still
the best of friends, however, it was "just time".

Howard is about as relaxed and easy to talk to person-to-person as you
would imagine after watching his video "New Directions for the Harmonica".
When someone commented that it would be a scary time for the Flecktones to
play without him, he responded that he was pretty scared before he went on
tonight and that he had a hard time speaking when the show got started.  He
IS human after all! :-)

I had a helluva time getting to sleep last night.

love to talk harps,

dick....

"It's only fair to warn you...

		   I have a HARMONICA, and I'm not afraid to use it!!!"

Dick Anderson  CCMO  Matls Engineering           Telnet                 229-3110
Hewlett Packard                                  Direct Dial      1-303-229-3110
3404 E Harmony Road                              HPDESK     dick_anderson@hp4000
Fort Collins Colorado 80525                      mail anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx