Re: Playing other than blues, and talk about positions

In a previous post, someone mentioned being disappointed on hearing
Toots Thielemans play.  I can understand that.  Toots has been playing
jazz harmonica since the forties, and has a style all his own.  He is
very highly regarded in jazz circles, but if you don't like jazz, you
probably won't like Toots.  His technique is masterful.  Nobody gets around
a chromatic better than Toots.  Personnally, although I love the way he
plays, I find his choice of material and arrangements sometimes tends
to be saccharine.
=====
That "previous post" was me. I'll give him another listen. Are there
particular pieces of his thatyou would recommend? The one I have has lots
of whistling and singing on it and less Harp than I would like.

skip