Re: Speak up...

A top ten players ever list is difficult for me because (a) I haven't
heard everybody and (b) my preferences keep changing.  Here are ten
that I really admire and listen to a lot.

In no particular order:

1.  Little Walter Jacobs
2.  Big Walter Horton
3.  Sonny Boy Williamson II (Rice Miller)
4.  Sonny Boy Williamson I (John Lee Williamson)
5.  Charlie Musselwhite
6.  William Clarke
7.  James Cotton
8.  Toots Thielemans
9.  Paul Butterfield
10. Dave Morrison (my teacher)
11. Lazy Lester
12. Rick Estrin
13. Billy Branch
14. Carey Bell
15. Junior Wells
16. Stevie Wonder
17. Howard Levy
18. Billy Bizor

OOPS!  Sorry, I lost control.  I like all of the guys above and others
who aren't coming to mind right now.  As you can see, I have a strong
preference for the blues.  I borrowed a CD from the library the other
day that is classical music for harmonica and string quartet.  Tommy
Reilly plays the chromatic and it's pretty cool.

Here's another quiz for the group.  Chris brought up the Pilsbury
commercial.  How many other tv/radio theme songs, commercials, or
programs with incidental music featuring harp can you think of?

george