Undeliverable Mail

Hi, I'm Steve Wykstra; I teach philosophy and blow harp; and I've been
trying to get on this nifty network for a couple days.  Never used bitnet
before, and its like trying to bend for the first time.  Just in case it
works this time:  I'd like to hear thoughts on 4th position--what you think
it works best for.  I mean 4th position as TRADITIONALLY called (as my aged
harp mentor assures me): using the 2 blow as tonic.  I know Musselwhite and
everyone since calls this 5th position, and calls "4th position" where you
use 6 draw (or a double-bent 3 draw) as tonic; the new fangled labling is
more logical, but heck, tradition is tradition.  (unless i've got tradition
wrong here.)  Anyway, I like 4th for jazzed up minor key things like "God
Rest Ye Merry Gentlexxxpersons," and I wonder who uses it for what, or if
anyone cares.  I hope this gets through to the outside world.