Things in general

I have a bunch of things to address in this one so I'll get right to
it.

First, last night John Sebastian was on Married with Children along
with Peter Noone and a number of other "old" rockers that I don't
know.  Nothing worth while though, he did not play any harp (although
Al did play a mean hogey sandwhich).

Second, I asked about Lee Oskar once before and Jack replied with a
few album names.  Which album would be the best to buy to get the most
harp for my money?

Third, I recently wrote to Hohner and asked for a catalog of
products.  In it they have the Harp Handbook by Steve Baker, which I
was planning on getting.  But in this catalog the book has
"discontinued" stamped on its picture.  What's the deal?  And can I
still get this book?

Fourth, does anyone have the address to mail order from Mel Bay?  I
was wanting to get the Complete Harmonica Book, but no stores around
here can even order from the harp companies, much less have the stuff
in stock.

Fifth, what's the word on Hohner's Golden Melody harp?  I know that
Howard Levy uses it, but what is it like?  What does it compare to?
And all the usually stats.

Sixth, I have recently seen a commercial for "Heartland Harmonica",
which Hohner is running.  You get a "special limited edition"
harmonica, the easy to read "learn-how-to-play-in-one-second"
instruction book, and a book of songs.  Of course the commercial
boasts, "Play like a pro after only one lesson".  Yea, right.  I was
not impressed by any of it (the playing, the harp or the commercial in
general).  Anyone else seen it?

Well, I think that is pretty much it . . . for now.

Good harpin'

Chris