Re: BHF '93 and such....

>Here are some things with Harp playing in the opening, closing or when
>it goes to a commercial (if it is not a commercial itself).
>America's Funniest People, Rosanne (mentioned by myself before), a
>Tumbleweed commercial, a Tropicana Twister commercial, a Toyota
>commercial, and some show on USA which I caught after the title had
>been shown (I was flipping and I stopped when I heard harp), it looked
>like the typically crime solving show (like Hunter), with an American
>Indian in the lead (I think).

The crime show could have been (but probably wasn't) one called "Sonny
Spoon" which was on a few (3 or 4) years ago, but I really haven't heard
anything about it recently.  The one episode I saw had a cool intro in
which the camera showed a pair of hands in black leather gloves driving out
some pretty hip rhythms with a metal spoon before a solo harmonica started
wailing over them.  The show itself didn't really impress me though, and I
believe it only lasted one season, if that.

Of course, one cannot forget Sesame Street, which I think still uses
harmonica quite a bit.  And wasn't there at least one Levi's 501 jeans
commercial with harp in it?  Something else which may or may not interest
people is an Old Spice commercial (which I myself have not seen) featuring
whistling by none other than Toots Thielmans.  I heard that this was made
soon after he came to the U.S., which was quite a while ago, but it
apparently became pretty well known.

james girton
jgirton1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx